There are a few things I know for sure about how the game would work. If you have a problem with any of them, be aware that these are things I will not compromise on for a variety of reasons.
- The game will be forum-based as opposed to PBEM. I have some experience running forum-based stuff and absolutely none with PBEM. I'm gonna go with what I know.
- The game will have no more than five players. I cannot give enough attention and spotlight time to everyone if the group is larger than that.
- The game will take place pre-Montaignian revolution. Also, I will misspell Montaigne and related words at least occasionally. These two things are unrelated. Really.
- I will be asking people to create characters collaboratively; I don't need characters to know each other pre-game, but I'd like to have some reason beyond the plot hammer why these folks would be interested in the same thing. If you aren't willing to cooperate with other players on this, this probably isn't the game for you. Along the same lines, please do not plan to bring in pre-existing characters to this game.
- Every player will have at least one NPC to control who is a part of some other character's Backgrounds, to create more neat plot for people. If you aren't willing to take an active role in making the game fun for other players, this probably isn't the game for you.
In return, I can promise the following:
- No asshats. I don't allow people in my game unless they've actively impressed me as good role-players, and I'll probably be recruiting at least a couple of people from my current group (who, I do not need to say, I think are awesome).
- Active plot. I don't know how the game will be paced yet, but I will do my best to keep up with whatever pace the players find comfortable, and find an assistant ST if I cannot.
- Shared spotlight. I've got subplots for evvvvverybody.
- Responsiveness to complaints. Assuming you're not an asshat (see #1, above), I will do my damndest to make sure that you're having fun in the game.
- Excitement, adventure, romance and intrigue! 'Cause it's 7th Sea. :)
If you're interested, please leave a comment below with some idea of what you're looking for in a 7th Sea game (anything from how much drama/comedy you like in a game to what kind of character you'd be most interested in playing). Leave me some contact info and I'll be in touch if/when I get enough nibbles!