It's been a rough weekend, but I've been looking out for small things to cheer me up. On the list so far:
- The tower of Riverside Church shining in the late-afternoon sun.
- Three friends greeting each other as Athos, Porthos and Aramis - clearly part ouf their ordinary routine.
- Listening to Spem in Alium, a.k.a. the most beautiful piece of music ever written.
- An all-night audience-participation read-aloud of The Odyssey, even though I couldn't attend.
- My wonderful boy meeting me post-school to bring his dolls home.
Any other suggestions? I am depressed AND mega-stressed, which is a bad combination, so I'm on the lookout for small happy things (preferably ones that don't take much time . . . ).